Why Choose this Training Course?
Working within the Oil & Gas industry provides a complex project environment that throws up its own particular project management challenges. This detailed and integrated training course will assist anyone in the industry to make better decisions on projects, whether they are involved in project selection, management, or leading aspects of projects. The Project Management for the Oil & Gas Industry course provides the opportunity for hands-on experience using industry project case studies – and follows one current offshore project example from the cradle to the grave.
This interactive training course provides participants with the skills required to deliver projects effectively, from decision-making concepts used by business development and commercial departments, through to FEED and into planning & delivery.
This PetroKnowledge course focuses on industry best practice Project Management examples merged into practical instruction. Digging deep into tried and tested processes and tools, in order to best support the likelihood of future projects achieving their desired results and benefits delivered by the project.
This 10-day course has been designed as a roadmap to ensure that the reasoning behind project selection is understood. When we combine that with the development of skills in detailed planning, organising and execution delivery, and closing out the project successfully, we really are looking to progress our project management career with confidence.
Key areas covered include:
- Understand the contextual considerations for project delivery within the Oil & Gas industry
- Learn about the Project Sanctioning and approval Process (PSAP)
- Understand structural and systematic aspects of project planning and execution that can be used
- Identify with and understand reasons for project failures and successes
- Relate to best practice project management philosophies and how they support project delivery
- Comprehend how project success is measured with emphasis on: time, cost , benefit, value addition
- Gain familiarisation with project financing methods & Financial modelling
- Perform analytical techniques of project management using best-practice techniques
- Understand the need for the project manager to be leading and managing project teams
This training course will highlight:
- The need to undertake Front End Design & Survey in an Oil & Gas environment
- How to establish the key requirements necessary to support Oil& Gas project approval
- How Oil & Gas organisations ascertain the strategic fit and relevant options for project delivery
- The route to successful project integration and delivery
- The importance of leading and managing a successful project team
This comprehensive training course consists of two modules which can be booked as a 10 Day Training event, or as individual, 5 Day courses.
Module 1 - Developing Project Strategy in the Oil & Gas Industry
Module 2 - Delivering Successful Projects within the Oil and Gas Industry