An Intensive 5-Day Online Training Course
Maintenance Contracting & Outsourcing
How to Improve Your Maintenance Contracts and Contracting Process
|18 - 22 Dec 2023||Online||$3,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Online training Course?
In the competitive environment of today, availability and reliability of assets are more than ever an important issue. A significant trend in maintenance is outsourcing maintenance activities to contractors. Maintenance contracts are being applied as a highly effective way to manage and control the relationship between the service provider and the end-user, both internally and externally. It manages the expectations of both parties, sets out the parameters of responsibility and offers performance indicators.
This highly interactive online training course will ensure that you understand how to decide rationally what maintenance activities to outsource and what not, how to select the best maintenance contractor and how to evaluate the delivered performance of all parties involved. You will understand the different contract types, get the most from your contracts, avoid the potential pitfalls and improve the performance of your assets. Maintenance contracts used in several branches will be discussed. You will have the opportunity to discuss the existing contracts used in your organization. Through a combination of formal lectures and group work, you will leave the course with the tools to improve your contracts and contract management.
This online training course will highlight:
- Understanding Outsourcing considerations
- Contracting types, incl. Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to monitor performance
- Developing contracts – the contracting cycle
- Negotiating skills
- Continuous improvement and performance management: how to evaluate the performance with all parties involved
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
At the end of this online training course, you will learn to:
- Decide rationally what maintenance activities to outsource and what not
- Use the features, functions and benefits of lean maintenance contracts
- Use the most applicable type of maintenance contracts (incl. Service Level Agreements) and when/how to apply them
- Define service levels and monitor the contractor performance
- Develop and negotiate a maintenance contract
- Recognize the pitfalls
- Evaluate the delivered performance of all parties involved
- Implement maintenance contract management
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Online Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge online training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals involved in the area of maintenance contracts, but will greatly benefit:
- All professionals involved in procurement and supply chain management
- All professionals negotiating, managing and verifying maintenance contracts
- Teams who have been assigned the responsibility of establishing a maintenance contract will find it extremely useful to attend this course as a unit
- Anyone who wishes to update themselves on Maintenance Contracts & Outsourcing
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Online Training Course be Presented?
This PetroKnowledge online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of your choice location.
Day One: Outsourcing Considerations
- Asset management - The business impact of maintenance
- Considerations in outsourcing maintenance – what to outsource and what not?
- Risks involved
Day Two: Maintenance Contracts
- Maintenance contract types
- Parties involved
- The tendering process – modern ways of tendering
- Choosing the right contractor
- Costing the service
- Defining Key Performance Indicators to monitor the performance of all parties involved
- Use of Balanced Scorecard with performance contracts
Day Three: Developing the Maintenance Contract
- Vendor management
- The contracting cycle
- Assemble a team
- Assess, determine and specify the required service levels
- Writing the contract – contents of a maintenance contract
- Implementing contract management – how to make it work (performance management)
- Periodic evaluation & improvement
Day Four: Grounding and Negotiating the Contract
- Expectations about availability, reliability and costs
- The extensive preventive maintenance schedule – “tricks” of maintenance contractors
- The seven steps to develop a risk based maintenance concept
- Using the maintenance concept to negotiate more effectively lean maintenance contracts
- Negotiating the contract – negotiation ploys
- Negotiating the contract – negotiation tactics
- Negotiating tips
Day Five: Final Workshop
- Development of a maintenance contract in groups
- Defining the requirements and service levels
- Develop the offer
- Selection criteria
- Presenting the bid
- Closing the contract
- Evaluation of results
- On successful completion of this online training course, a PetroKnowledge E-Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›