|MG226||11 - 15 Jul 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MG226||10 - 14 Oct 2021||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
|MG226||27 - 31 Mar 2022||Dubai - UAE||4,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Mergers and Acquisitions course will introduce you to the skills that help you make successful transactions even in tough times.
The tough business environment has forced all companies to look at acquisitions as a means to grow their business – they cannot rely on organic growth alone. However, the difficult financial environment will put added pressure on managers in achieving value from their acquisition. Deviations between actual results and the original forecasts will place increased scrutiny on a transaction’s economics. What this means for acquirers is that achieving success in today’s environment is both more important and more challenging.
Management’s challenge therefore is to beat the market odds and execute deals that deliver the value investors demand – this course will introduce you to the skills that help you make successful transactions even in tough times, including due diligence and business valuation techniques.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Why are companies acquisitive?
- When is due diligence required?
- What are the principles of business valuation?
- All about the integration
What are the Goals?
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course on Mergers and Acquisitions, you will have learnt to:
- Develop an acquisition strategy
- Apply principles of due diligence
- Overcome the most common due diligence faults
- Appreciate valuation drivers and apply them to valuing a business
- Design a 100-day integration plan to complete your successful acquisition
Who is this Training Course for?
Those working within the management of medium to large corporations who are entrusted with the task of Due Diligence and/or Valuation would benefit from this course. It will also be useful for those involved in banks, other financial institutions and regulators that require further knowledge regarding the merger and acquisition activities of their clients.
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- General management
- Financial management
- Legal management
- Human Resource managers
- Strategic managers
- Bank credit managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
Your experienced presenter will lead you through the technical approach to achieving successful mergers and acquisitions.
Throughout the week you will work through a case study of an acquisition and present your findings throughout the week to reinforce the learning. You will also discuss case studies drawn from real life companies and examples of what when wrong in mergers and acquisitions.
A due diligence checklist and valuation templates will be provided.
Mergers and Acquisitions are complex. The good news for organisations is that there is a tried and tested method for due diligence and there are business valuation techniques which the attendees will learn in class and through case studies.
Skills learnt at the Merger and Acquisition course will have a positive impact in your career at any organisation.
Participants will also benefit from applying their knowledge:
- Investigation and analysis skills
- Consistent process
- Presentation skills
Day One: Introduction and Business Strategy
- Overview of mergers and acquisitions and their evolution
- How deals fit into a business’s growth strategy?
- What type of acquisitions would be suitable to your firm?
- What we can learn from real life case studies
Day Two: Definitions and Principal Players
- Definitions involve in Mergers and Acquisitions and due diligence
- Type of acquisitions
- Types of due diligence including legal, HR, operational, commercial
- Roles of the parties
- How will we recognise success?
Day Three: Financial Due Diligence
- When is due diligence required?
- The Phases of Due Diligence
- You will review the standard checklists and appreciate when and when not, these are relevant
- Discussion: Cultural and economic differences in the Gulf for due diligence
Day Four: Business Valuation
- Providing an accurate valuation of the target is vital
- Learning about the alternative business valuation techniques and importantly when to use each one
- Consider the potential synergies to your firm and also the sensitivities to key dependencies
- The role of finance and leveraging transactions
Day Five: Integration
- It is not just about the financial matters and therefore you will learn the importance of Human Resources, culture and systems to the success of the deal
- You will present the final results of your case study
- A sound Merger and Acquisition process has considered all aspects of integration and planned for success
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates