|MG119||15 - 19 Jul 2019||London - UK||5,950|
|MG119||01 - 05 Sep 2019||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
|MG119||01 - 05 Dec 2019||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
|MG119||01 - 05 Mar 2020||Dubai - UAE||5,950|
|MG119||20 - 24 Apr 2020||Barcelona - Spain||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Are you under pressure from an ever-growing task list, conflicting demands and constantly changing priorities? Productive working practices are valuable skills in today’s work environment. Competition is intense and companies need people who can organise their time effectively, collaborate with others to achieve goals, and who constantly strive to better meet customer and stakeholder needs.
This Task Management training course will support you to develop practices and techniques to manage this pressure proactively, allowing you to meet deadlines and deliver against your objectives. You will also develop skills in working well with others to ensure success.
This training course will feature:
- Managing assigned tasks effectively
- Evaluating and establishing priorities to meet crucial deadlines
- Effective planning and project management techniques
- Task leadership and collaboration skills
- Influencing and stakeholder management skills
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Apply the skills necessary to get work completed on time
- Use effectively, basic project planning tools to plan and schedule work
- Identify key stakeholders and understand how to gain their support and input
- Use positive communication & influencing techniques to ensure work is completed on time
- Appreciate & engage colleagues to gain their commitment and support
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge course is designed for persons who desire to learn practical management techniques that will assist them in tasks, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines for work and projects. The training course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Professionals who wants to learn techniques to work with other colleagues
- Team leaders, supervisors, section heads and managers
- Professionals who have an interest in a management position
- Anyone who wants to become a leader in their work role
- Project, purchasing, finance & production officers and personnel
- Technical professionals including those in Maintenance, Engineering & Production
- Secretaries, clerks, administrative and support staff
- Anyone who juggles multiple tasks and deadlines
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will utilize a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes learning with presentations, discussion, practical activities, videos, team practice exercises and case studies.
Day One: Introduction of Work Task Concepts
- Understanding the role of self-management in managing tasks
- Overview and context of task management
- Identifying reasons for the current focus in business on managing tasks
- Understanding how work is accomplished in organizations
- Identifying the role of strategic management in leadership of tasks
- Understanding the role of organization type in task management
Day Two: Importance of Planning in Management of Tasks
- Clarifying goals, objectives, assumptions and constraints in work
- Integrating a scope, work structure and management plan in assignments
- Learning to identify and manage stakeholders
- Identifying risk techniques that affect tasks, priorities and deadlines
- Understanding how to develop clarity of purpose and objectives in task assignments
- Identifying the skills necessary to lead and manage work tasks
Day Three: Setting Priorities & Deadlines in our Time Management
- Using the manner we approach work as an initial time management plan
- Planning for time management, scheduling and meeting deadlines
- Integrating time management into development of priorities
- Making the most from meetings, e-mails, interruptions and transition time
- Developing a personal plan, with a ‘to do’ list and priorities
- Dealing with time wasters, procrastination and bosses
Day Four: Skills Required to Deal with People in our Work Assignments
- Identifying skills required to obtain the help of others on tasks
- The importance of understanding our ways of working with others
- The importance of interpersonal skill in accomplishment of tasks
- Identifying interpersonal work styles of self and other
- Understanding task flexibility and versatility in people leadership
- Learning how to work better with others to have productive work
Day Five: Personally Managing Tasks to Implement Change
- Learning techniques to use communication for success in tasks
- Understand the characteristics of proper communication
- Identifying methods to deal with human change patterns
- Developing a personal plan to become more effective with self-management
- Dealing with some people who struggle with change
- Practicing techniques to help colleagues with change
The Registered Education Provider (R.E.P. ID:4349) status with the Project Management Institute (PMI®) enables PetroKnowledge to issue applicable Professional Development Hours/Units (PDHs/PDUs) to participants on this training course, to help you achieve or maintain PMI® professional credentials.
The PMI® Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Project Management Institute, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc. 2013