|HR018||09 - 13 Nov 2020||Rio De Janeiro - Brazil||6,950|
|HR018||07 - 11 Dec 2020||Mexico City - Mexico||6,950|
|HR018||14 - 18 Dec 2020||London - UK||5,950|
|HR018||24 - 28 May 2021||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|HR018||12 - 16 Jul 2021||Houston TX - USA||6,950|
|HR018||30 Aug - 03 Sep 2021||Bogota - Colombia||6,950|
|HR018||08 - 12 Nov 2021||Rio De Janeiro - Brazil||6,950|
|HR018||06 - 10 Dec 2021||Mexico City - Mexico||6,950|
|HR018||13 - 17 Dec 2021||London - UK||5,950|
*All fees are exclusive of VAT
Why Choose this Training Course?
Identifying, developing and retaining your talent has never been more important for the oil and gas industry with the ever changing economic market. An organisations best and most valuable asset is undoubtedly the people; as it’s the people who operate the systems, the equipment and who can really make the difference between growth or failure. Losing or not being able to recruit the best talent can have a disastrous impact on an organization’s growth and sustainability. This highly-interactive course will teach you the key talent management processes, systems and procedures in order to apply these in the multi-complex and diverse Oil and Gas industry.
On this Strategic Talent Management training course, you will gain insight into innovative talent identification methods, develop targeted grading structures, review and develop competency/behavioural frameworks as well as how to grade and assess your talent/high potentials with the effective use of psychometric tools and other assessment methods. In addition, you will define critical development options ensuring the correct development for talent in the organisation. You will also learn how to create sustained growth through active succession planning and strategy in order to ensure positive career paths and development for talent and high potential employees.
The training course will highlight:
- Alternative and new perspectives around talent management and high potential identification
- Methods and techniques of aligning Business Strategy and Talent Management in the complex multi-discipline Oil and Gas industry
- Appropriate process and systems to identify, develop and retain your talent and high potentials
- Pro-active development strategies to ensure your talent and high potential achieve their optimum performance
- Strategic direction to optimize your talent and high potential pipeline in your organization to provide continued sustainable growth
- Succession planning as a key differentiator in an organisations’ success and how this is achieved
What are the Goals?
In this PetroKnowledge training course, you will learn to:
- Understand the mechanisms to define talent, as well as manage your talent and high potential.
- Develop key strategies to optimize your talent and high potential employees
- Engage and employ robust talent strategies within the complex multi-discipline oil and gas industry
- Produce develop effective and functional succession planning strategies
- Lead and manage OCR (Organisational Capability Review) meetings to ensure pro-active succession for sustained growth
Who is this Training Course for?
This Talent Management training course will greatly benefit individuals, aligned to the identification, development and retention of talent and high potential people in the business, including:
- HR / L&D / Talent Professionals
- Training Managers
- OD Specialists
- Recruitment Officers and Managers
- Retention / Compensation personnel
- Those who wish to develop their leadership knowledge and skills in strategically managing, developing and retaining talent and high potential people
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This training course will combine tutor-led presentations with highly interactive case-studies, relevant and thought provoking exercises, practical demonstrations and facilitated discussions. Delegates will be encouraged to participate actively in relating the principles of talent management and high potential development to the particular needs of their workplace.
Day One: Defining and Attracting Talent in the Oil and Gas Industry
- Talent Management – overview and background
- Talent / High potential - defining the criteria
- The complex dimensions of oil and gas demographics
- Talent options - recruit external – or grow internal?
- Aligning Talent Management with Organisational Development (OD) and Business Strategy
- Utilising Workforce Planning and other sources of data
- Attraction strategies – use of media and other channels
Day Two: Creating your High Potential Talent Pool
- Talent management models, grading and structures
- Assessment methods and systems - use of Psychometric/Behavioral/Competency frameworks
- Conducting an effective Talent Gap Analysis
- ABC model of Potential – getting the criteria right
- Using the 9 Box Grid, and other methods to create your talent and high potential matrix
Day Three: Developing your Talent and High Potentials
- Defining high caliber development options
- Conducting an effective performance discussion
- Creating individual development plans
- Powerful feedback techniques: motivating individuals to achieve higher potential
- Coaching for success
Day Four: Retaining and Sustaining your Talent and High Potentials
- Career paths – guidance for growth
- Using mentoring programmes to develop and retain your talent
- Reward strategies - intrinsic and extrinsic incentives to motive your talent
- Managing expectations and delivering workable outcomes
- Growth rotation development (assignments, experience strategies)
- Creating a sustainable talent pipeline
Day Five: Strategic Succession Planning and Organisational Capability Review
- Defining your bench strength
- Succession Planning and the OCR process
- Conducting effective Calibration Meetings
- Formulating a strategic talent plan for the organization in line with the Business Strategy
- Communicating the Strategy to the Board and the Company
- Conclusion and Review
Also Available as an ILM Endorsed course - Professional Talent Manager
- On successful completion of this training course, PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates