Why Choose this Training Course?
This PetroKnowledge Benchmarking for Performance Improvement in the Oil & Gas Industry training course will help you to understand what Benchmarking is, how it is relevant to the Oil & Gas Industry, and how to apply it at the local, Departmental or organizational level, in pursuit of business objectives. By attending the training course, you will be able to help design and operate an effective Benchmarking process and function that cost effectively adds value to your organization, improves performance, and provides a necessary safeguard against established practices and complacency.
During the training course, you will learn about common shortfalls and inadequacies in Benchmarking practice, why these occur, and how to avoid them. You will also have the chance to learn from case studies in the Oil & Gas industry, and outside, that show good, and not so good, practice. This course will enable you to gain insight and confidence in an approach that has often been misrepresented and misapplied, but which, if applied coherently and rigorously, can contribute extensively to performance and competitiveness across the Oil & Gas industries.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- The origins of Benchmarking, and the place, and contribution, of Benchmarking in the Oil & Gas Industry, and within the business
- Common types of benchmarking, and how to undertake a Benchmarking study in Oil & Gas; what to do & not to do, and why
- How to organize for successful Benchmarking; who should do what, when and how
- How Benchmarking fits in with other management activities and initiatives
- Good and bad practices in Benchmarking, conflicting approaches and objectives, and ‘sticking to the knitting’