An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Negotiating & Dispute Resolutions
Learn to Recognise Different Negotiation Styles & Counter Tactics
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
This course intends to enhance delegates' ability to negotiate effectively - a critical competency in both work and life situations. It will equip them with a range of communication, interpersonal skills, and appreciation of the elements of planning and objective setting in negotiations. There will be an opportunity for delegates to carry out a self-assessment of their skills in key areas of negotiation including team negotiations.
This course covers the key stages of negotiation, considers how disputes arise, and provides delegates with the skills to follow a structured process. The delegates will be introduced to different negotiation styles, tactics and at the same time learn how to recognise and counter them.
The course will feature:
- The key stages in the negotiation process
- The terms associated with the strategy for negotiation
- Tactics and ploys which may be used against you in negotiation
- The importance of team dynamics when negotiating
- Effective negotiation strategies during practical exercises
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the significance of planning and objective setting
- Describe how to achieve ‘win-win’ outcomes within the bargaining process
- Identify the causes of disagreements & disputes
- Understand the impact dispute may have on relationships over the long term
- Describe the use of strategies to resolve the causes of disputes
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Personnel from a wide range of business disciplines
- Departmental heads with the responsibility to drive change through collaboration
- Those who have a current or planned negotiation with internal as well as external “suppliers or customers”
- Delegates with experience in negotiating but want to improve their knowledge and skills
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented.
This includes highly interactive tutor-led group discussions, syndicated exercises, case studies and role playing in a realistic dispute resolution scenario. A formal framework is built around the delegates' current knowledge and they are encouraged to re-discover and share their knowledge and experiences. Delegates will be encouraged to develop both their negotiation and communication skills to increase the value for money provided to their employer.
Day One: Fundamentals of Negotiation
- Negotiation defined
- Disputes and the need for resolution
- Place of negotiation in the contractual resolution process
- Commercial impact of the breakdown of negotiations
- Best Alternative To a Negotiated Agreement (BATNA)
- The four phase process of negotiation
Day Two: The Negotiator’s Toolbox
- Information needs
- Drafting your proposal which will open the discussion
- The negotiation discussion phase
- Bargain and Close
- Negotiating position setting
Day Three: Negotiating Styles, Tactics and Ploys
- Cultural & international issues
- Red, Purple & Blue negotiators
- Non-verbal communication and the interpretation of body language
- Make time your friend
- Silence and ploys as tactics and how to respond effectively
Day Four: Personal Fitness and Dealing with Difficult Negotiations
- Interests, positions and escalation
- Stakeholder power behind the interests in negotiation
- Negotiator as a Mediator
- Team negotiations
- Proposals and persuasion
Day Five: Putting it all into Practice
- Negotiation case study
- Team allocation and simulation exercise
- Analysis of performance
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Negotiating
- Improving what we do - action planning
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›