An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
The Management Essentials
Effectively Communicate, Delegate & Manage Priorities to Achieve Management Success
We currently have no scheduled session for this Course. If you are interested in running this course, please contact our Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Course?
This course offers a comprehensive overview of good management practice for those new to supervision. This course introduces delegates to the variety of skills needed to be successful and offers insights into how to personally manage the transition from being a ‘technical expert’ to supervision and management. If you are new to supervision or management, this course offers a compendium of ideas which will impact your practice immediately.
Managing people is not easy, it is challenging and the early experiences of newly appointed managers can be marked with anxiety, stress and insecurity. A good start therefore becomes critical to build confidence in today’s increasingly competitive business climate.
This course will feature:
- The essential tools for effectively managing people
- Using the performance management process profitably
- How to build a high performing team
- The manager as a communicator and coach
- The 4D Management model: direct, delegate, develop and deliver
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Appraise and select supervision tools that "fast track"" performance
- Identify personal strengths and identify areas for potential development
- Comprehend and utilise the value of the performance management process
- Build personal credibility through good communication and influencing skills
- Create and monitor personalized action plans for self, others and the team
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Course for?
This course is suitable to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Employees about to undertake supervisory or management positions
- Current Supervisors who are interested in building their management skills
- Team Leaders, site, operations and production Supervisors
- First time Managers with no formal management training
- Young employees identified as ‘high potential’ future Managers
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this be Presented?
This course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. The Tutor will utilise a combination of presentations, videos, class discussion, group and self reflective exercises in order to examine all the elements of content. In a risk free environment delegates can practice skills in a non threatening environment. The emphasis will be on building the confidence for success.
Day One: The Foundations of Management
- Understanding the working environment
- Making the transition into management: new skills, fears and expectations
- What Managers Do? Key competencies and behaviours
- Identifying your management style
- The mistakes new managers make and how to avoid them
Day Two: Performance Management
- A focus on Continuous Improvement
- The role of performance management in organisations
- Establishing and measuring SMART objectives
- Planning, preparing and conducting successful performance reviews
- Management behaviour and outcomes
Day Three: Building High Performing Teams
- Creating the Highly Effective Teams
- Appreciating team roles and diversity
- Team audit: exercise to evaluate current team performance
- Problem solving in teams; team exercise for creative decisions
- Change management and why individuals resist
Day Four: Motivating and Engaging your People
- How to give feedback: a tool for development and progression
- Handling difficult conversations
- Coaching for personal and team success
- Communication skills for coaching and management
- How to Motivate yourself and your people
Day Five: Managing Priorities and Delegating Deliverables
- What are my key deliverables?
- Managing Time Effectively
- Delegate to motivate
- Personal management SWOT analysis
- Action planning for future improvement
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates