An Intensive 5-Day Training Course
Mastering the Training Cycle
Training Needs Analysis
Evaluation and Assessment
|17 - 21 Jul 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
|20 - 24 Nov 2023||Dubai - UAE||$5,950|
Why Choose this Training Course?
This practical training course provides the latest thinking, methods and tools to be able to complete two of the most important areas of training – Training Needs Analysis (TNA) and Evaluation. It will also show those attending how to demonstrate the added value of training activities. These are the two areas that will really make a difference to any training function in linking training more directly to the needs and outcomes of the organization.
In this PetroKnowledge training course on Mastering the Training Cycle, participants will:
- Learn more about TNA in the context of what the organization requires from training
- Understand the need for data to inform the need for, and outcomes from, training
- Learn how to measure the value derived from training
- Be able to show training costs and calculate the Return on Investment
What are the Goals?
By the end of this Mastering the Training Cycle training course, delegates will be able to:
- Identify and be able to use the 4-level model for doing Training Needs Analysis and be able to manage the portfolio of needs
- Master competency frameworks to maximize their usage and value to the delegate’s own organization
- Measure the Return on Investment (ROI) on a training course
- Understand how to embed evaluation into the training cycle so that the ROI can be measured
- Assess which training is suitable for ROI measurement
- Practice measuring ROI on a range of training situations
Who is this Training Course for?
- Anyone in training or HR who needs to master either TNA or evaluation
- HR Professionals who need to understand how training can be measured
- Those interested in maximizing the training budgets
- Those responsible for training budgets and who need to know what’s required
- Training Managers
- Training Coordinators
- Supervisors who are involved with training and development
How will this Training Course be Presented?
This is a practical and busy fast track training course, which will use organizational case studies and situations to work out unit costs, ROI and a simpler way to do things, to enhance the learning. Throughout the week, delegates will work on real case studies to bring the methodologies to life.
A few of the benefits the organization will gain are:
- Having a standard and auditable approach to training
- Having a much higher success rate and identifying the right training through a process approach to TNA and evaluation
- Having concrete information which will show clearly the value of training to the organization
- Having confident and competent training staff thinking and operating more like a business partner
- Having an approach to evaluation which will provide consistent results
Benefits individuals will gain from this Mastering the Training Cycle training course are:
- Getting the complete tool box to be able to do accurate TNA and Evaluation
- Being more comfortable in using data from a range of sources to inform the need for training and to better measure the outcomes of training
- Gaining sufficient expert guidance to be able to implement immediately what has been taught and put it into operation
- Gaining the confidence needed to be able to make a difference in the company
- Being able to demonstrate the immediate value of this course on return to the workplace
- Knowing the tools to be able to operate more like a business partner
Day One: The Modern Approach to Training Needs Analysis
- What does an organization want from training?
- How is HR responding?
- Linking Training more overtly to the Organizational Strategy and Business Plan
- Analysing your Customer Base – The Four Quadrant Model
- Quadrant One: Organizational needs - How much of the process is governed by TNA?
- Using Competency Frameworks
- Making Competency Frameworks more Line Manager Friendly
- When is an employee competent – When is enough enough?
Day Two: Quadrant Two: Department Needs & Quadrant Three: Team Needs
- Quadrant Two: Departments
- The Specific Requirement Departments Have
- The Need for Data in Assessing Departmental TNA
- Understanding the Technical Ladder and Its Implications for Training and Development
- How the leadership pipeline differs?
- Quadrant Three: TNA for teams
- Tools for Analyzing Team Training Needs
Day Three: Quadrant Four: Individual Needs / The First Steps in Evaluation – Understanding Unit Costs
- Quadrant Four: Individual Needs
- The 70 / 20 / 10 Model of Training and Development
- Ways to Train other than Attending a Training Course
- The Role of Training in Curating Material to Support Knowledge Transfer and Developing Organizational Knowledge
- Embedding the Wider Notion of Development – The need for personal development plans
- Understanding Unit Costs – The start point for evaluating training
Day Four: Mastering the Evaluation Process
- Validation vs. Evaluation – What is the difference?
- Improving the Usefulness of the Validation Form / The End of Course Questionnaire
- Evaluation Models Explained
- The Return on Investment Formula – explaining what is then required
- Embedding Evaluation into the Training Cycle and How to do it
- Practical Tips in Evaluating Training
Day Five: Practical Examples of Evaluation – Your Chance to Master the Techniques
- Evaluating the Cost of Alternative Forms of Training, Competency Improvement, Gelegate Own Examples
- Accountability of Training Department to Guarantee and Produce Results – The Competencies Required
- Should all training be subject to Evaluation?
- Summary of Main Themes Discussed
- Delegates’ Action Planning
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
Oxford Management Centre
Our collaboration with Oxford Management Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›