An Intensive 10-Day Training Course
The 10-Day Mini-MBA for HR and
L&D professionals in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
Mastering the Critical Areas of Human Capital Management, HRM and Learning & Development
|10 - 21 Jul 2023||London - UK||$11,900|
|23 Oct - 03 Nov 2023||Dubai - UAE||$11,900|
|08 - 19 Jan 2024||Dubai - UAE||$11,900|
Why Choose this Training Course?
Why Choose this Training Course?
As the international environment becomes ever more complex and demanding, organisations are placing a premium on HR Professionals whose outlook, knowledge and skills enable them to achieve and maintain success in an increasingly challenging environment.
This PetroKnowledge 10-Day Mini-MBA training course will focus on providing participants with maximum take-home value from their investment in their own development. While this Mini-MBA does not provide participants with a formal qualification, it does introduce participants to all the key areas that would be covered in a formal MBA Programme majoring in HR.
This interactive and engaging training course examines how to master the critical areas of Human Capital Management, HRM and Learning & Development. On this course, you will learn how to become a real partner in the organisation. You will also learn about the latest and best practices in training and organisational learning. This exciting training course has an emphasis on the Oil, Gas, Petrochemical and related industries.
This Petroknowledge training course will highlight:
- Best practice in HR and Human Capital Management
- Training management in world-class organisations
- Employee Reward, Performance and Resourcing
- Organisational strategy and its link to HR
- Managing your training and learning spend properly
- Career Development and Talent Management
This PetroKnowledge training course is split into two modules:
MODULE I - Mini MBA for Learning & Development Professionals in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
MODULE II - Managing Human Capital in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
Each module is structured and can be taken as a stand-alone training course; however, delegates will maximise their benefits by taking Module 1 and 2 back-to-back as a two-week training course.
What are the Goals?
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will learn to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Organisational Learning theory
- Explain the concept of effective Training Management
- Utilise the skills of OD for Organisational Learning & Training Management
- Apply appropriate skills for developing a learning organisation
- Develop training suitable for a particular audience or workgroup
- Explain the importance of strategic human capital management
- Formulate a plan to transform strategic requirements into HR objectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of employee resourcing, recruitment & reward
- Understand performance management in a multi-cultural environment
- Illustrate examples of best practice in managing people
Who is this Training Course for?
Who is this Petroknowledge training course for?
This Petroknowledge training course is suitable for a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Human Resources (HR) Staff at all levels
- Staff who need to be competent in Human Resource Management (HRM)
- HR Business Partners
- Learning & Development Staff
- Managers, Supervisors and Leaders in all sectors
- Occupational health & safety personnel
- Anyone concerned with organisational learning
- Those who need to know more about Organisational Development (OD)
- Anyone concerned with maximising the investment in Human Capital
- Anyone involved in learning & development, training or talent management
- Anyone who needs to understand the workings of the modern HR Department
How will this Training Course be Presented?
How will this Petroknowledge training course be Presented?
This training course will utilise a variety of proven adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This course includes stimulating presentations supporting each of the topics together with interactive trainer lead sessions of discussion.
There will also be practical sessions where participants have the opportunity to practice and experience course-related activities. Realistic and fun exercises, short video presentations, small group work, case studies, exercises, and feedback, will be used to facilitate learning.
This course will have a positive impact on your organisation in the following ways:
- Enhanced human capital management
- Staff promoting learning and development in their organisation
- Build organisational learning company wide
- Improved employee engagement
- Improved employee relations
- Increased use of appropriate training methods throughout the organisation
- Enhanced team motivation
By attending this exciting course, you will develop practical, transferable skills in:
- The new areas of HR critical to your job
- Human Capital Management
- Strategic HR
- Employee Reward, Resourcing & Development
- Learning psychology and learning and development practices
- Ongoing professional development
- Develop practical, transferable skills
- Understand the principles of learning psychologic
- Apply what is taught immediately into work practices
- Awareness and understanding of major learning and development practices
- Appreciate the complexity of organisational learning
- Increased commitment to ongoing professional development
MODULE I : Mini MBA for Learning & Development Professionals in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
Day One: Organisational Strategy & Learning
- Approaches to strategy
- Creating a business model
- Strategic analysis (pest; balanced scorecards; five forces: swot)
- The concept of learning and how it should fit with strategy
- How does learning differ in the oil & gas industries
- The idea of organisational learning
Day Two: Leading and Development
- Leadership theory explained simply
- Transformational leadership
- Your preferred role as a leader or manager
- Managing the training function strategically
- Differentiating succession management & talent management
- Nationalisation issues in training
Day Three: Change Leadership
- An experience of change
- Change at the team level
- Change at the organisational level
- Key drivers of change
- Change management
- Case Studies of best practice in change management
Day Four: Basics of Finance for Learning Professionals
- Accounting & finance concepts simplified
- Key financial terms you should know as a manager
- Using accounting information for decision making
- Why training evaluation matters
- The importance of cost-benefit in training
- Calculating a Return on Investment (ROI)
Day Five: Becoming a Learning Organisation
- Understanding the learning organisation
- Characteristics of a learning organisation
- Are you ready to change?
- Benefits and barriers
- Personal action planning
MODULE II : Managing Human Capital in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
Day Six: Human Capital & Human Resource Management
- Understanding Human Capital
- The development of Strategic HR
- Human Capital in Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry – how does it differ?
- The transformation of HR
- HR as a strategic partner
Day Seven: People Resourcing in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industries
- Recruiting as a two-way process
- Specialist resourcing needs of oil and gas employers
- Choosing the appropriate selection methodology
- Use of psychological testing in selection
- Assessment Centres – state of the art selection?
Day Eight: Performance Management & Reward
- Performance management in Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
- Making performance appraisal work
- Efficient use of feedback
- Understanding compensation & benefits
- Implementing Total Reward
Day Nine : Development in the Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
- The talent management model
- The Training Cycle
- How Adults Learn: Andragogy
- What are the best ways to train people?
- Evaluation of training effectiveness (cost benefits analysis & ROI)
Day Ten: Empowerment, Engagement and Change
- The context for change in Oil, Gas & Petrochemical Industry
- Managing change or leading change?
- Employee engagement & empowerment
- Retaining valued employees
- Personal action planning
- On successful completion of this training course, a PetroKnowledge Certificate will be awarded to the delegates
In Association With
Our collaboration with GLOMACS aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clientsVisit Website ›
Oxford Management Centre
Our collaboration with Oxford Management Centre aims to provide the best training services and benefits for our valued clients.Visit Website ›